The Hospitalist RN will take a collaborative approach to communication among all care providers and care managers to optimize efficiency of patient care through clinical care coordination. Serves as a consultant, facilitator, practitioner, educator and resource for nursing staff, caring for a defined patient population.
• Assesses and evaluates discharge needs of all high-risk patients (and others referred), through interview and chart review.
• Develops and/or provides consultations on development of patient care plans, assisting in the management of patient care, and monitoring of clinical responses and resource consumption on a concurrent basis.
• Performs admissions and continued stay reviews based upon MCG criteria.
• Communicates patient status updates to the Hospitalist and specialists.
• Discusses and negotiates alternate level of care, intensity, duration of services, recommendations with Physician.
• Good judgment and decision-making skills.
• Enters timely and accurate data/documentation into designated care management applications to communicate patient needs.
• Utilizes community resources to support patient’s post hospital needs, and documents choice in available resources.
• Keeps current of requirements by JCAHO, HCFA and other state/federal agencies on provision of care, planning and documenting.
• Performs all other related duties as assigned.
• Competitive annual salary
• Full benefit package available